CHI E’ CHI (WHO IS WHO) Fashion Community Awards 2023. Story by RUNWAY MAGAZINE. Photo Courtesy: CHI E’ CHI / Stefano Trovati /SGP.
Celebrating Excellence in Fashion
Milan, September 19, 2023
In the heart of Milan, at the majestic Palazzo Marino in Piazza della Scala, a distinguished event unfolded on September 19th, marking the pinnacle of style and innovation in the fashion world. The XXIII edition of the CHI E’ CHI Fashion Community Awards, conceptualized and impeccably organized by Cristiana Schieppati, the director of CHI E’ CHI, set a remarkable stage for the luminaries of the industry.
Sponsored by the Municipality of Milan and the National Chamber of Fashion, these awards, which traditionally inaugurate the fashion week, were centered around the theme, “Le Grand Tour – Fashion beyond borders.” This theme acted as a guiding light for the esteemed jury in selecting the deserving recipients of these prestigious accolades.
The 2023 jury panel comprised luminaries who have left an indelible mark on the world of fashion and style. It included Giampietro Baudo, the Global Executive Director of L’Officiel Italy, France, and USA, and the honorary member Cav. Work Mario Boselli, President of the Italy China Council Foundation and Honorary President of the National Chamber of Italian Fashion, among others.
One of the highlights of this year’s ceremony was the “Fashion & The City Award,” presented jointly by the Municipality of Milan and Chi è Chi. This award seeks to celebrate initiatives that strengthen the symbiotic relationship between fashion and the city of Milan. Alessia Cappello, Councilor for Economic Development and Labor Policies with responsibility for Fashion and Design, bestowed this prestigious award upon Leonardo Ferragamo, President of Salvatore Ferragamo Spa, in recognition of the project “Milan and Ferragamo for the Training of Young Talents.” This initiative has not only enriched the city’s cultural fabric but also empowered young talents through scholarships and educational opportunities.
Councilor Alessia Cappello noted, “We are happy that CHI E’ CHI shares the desire of the Municipality of Milan to enhance those brands, projects, or institutions that make fashion available to the city, its economic and entrepreneurial fabric, and the training of young talents.”
The list of winners chosen by the jury reads like a who’s who of the fashion world:
- Antonio Belloni, General Director of the LVMH Group, received the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana of Dolce & Gabbana were honored with the Grand Tour Award.
- Maria Giulia Prezioso Maramotti, a member of the founding family of Max Mara, received the Best Cruise Collection Award.
- Michelle Hunziker was recognized as an international television personality.
- Pietro Beccari, President and CEO of Louis Vuitton, was named Italian Manager of the Year.
- Matthieu Blazy, Creative Director of Bottega Veneta, received the Designer of the Year Award.
- JJ Martin, Founder and Creative Director of La Double J, was presented with the Women’s Business Award.
- Matteo Ward was acknowledged for his activism with the Junk – Armadi Pieni docu-series, a co-production by SKY Italia and Will Media.
- Gherardo Felloni, Creative Director of Roger Vivier, was honored as the Italian creative director of a foreign brand.
- Gabriele Maggio, CEO of Stella McCartney, received the Sustainable Fashion Manager Award.
- Charlotte Tilbury was recognized with the Beauty Brand Award.
In addition to the jury-selected winners, the CHI E’ CHI community voted to honor Valentina Ferragni with the Digital Creator Award, while the prestigious BARBARA VITTI AWARDS for the best press office in fashion was awarded to Gabriele Giorgini, Communications Director of Gucci’s activities in Florence, and to Chiara Fornari, Enrico Fasoli, and Camilla De Palma for beauty.
The 2023 edition of the CHI E’ CHI Fashion Community Awards was made possible by the support of official partners, including Audi, Diana, Filorga, Franciacorta, and Web Eyewear. Condè Nast Italia served as the media partner, with special thanks extended to Westwing for their invaluable contributions.
This year’s ceremony not only celebrated outstanding achievements but also reaffirmed Milan’s status as a global fashion capital, a city that cherishes innovation, creativity, and the nurturing of emerging talents. The CHI E’ CHI Fashion Community Awards continue to be a beacon of excellence, uniting the fashion industry beyond borders, and inspiring future generations of fashion luminaries.