Comme des Garçons Spring Summer 2022 Tokyo. Review by RUNWAY MAGAZINE ® – International Twofold Media known Worldwide.
Rei Kawakubo, designer sent her to-do-list instead of press-release to all media:
MY PRESENT STATE OF MIND RATHER THAN A THEME
Things I feel we don’t need these days:
- The making of intricate fabric
- The use of complicated colors
- Patterns which clearly define the body
- Details which emphasize the clothes
- The intention to make clothes
- What remains after getting rid of these things is the strongest thing
- Like simple pebbles that you get after rough rocks have been washed over and swept down the river
The collection 24 pieces is very Japanese, big flowers, primary colors, absence of any national heritage, primitivity. Perhaps it is the time to rethink the brand. Sneakers is one thing, the dresses is another… Anyhow this is the message from Tokyo to Paris.