Tribute to Alber Elbaz AZ-factory show. Story by Eleonora de Gray, Editor-in-Chief of RUNWAY MAGAZINE.
Paris Fashion Week happily ended by the tribute to designer Alber Elbaz, who died at the age 59 from Covid-19 in April 2021. It is indeed a beautiful gesture from the fashion community to dedicate and gave the pieces of their collection for the show of AZ-factory, a brand founded by Alber Elbaz in 2019.
Alber Elbaz was an Israeli fashion designer, born in Casablanca, Morocco. He was the creative director of Lanvin in Paris from 2001 until 2015. He was probably the only who was able to continue fabulous work of Jeanne Lanvin and save this French brand from disappearance at that time. When Alber Elbaz left Lanvin in 2015 brand was not able to find its ways, and now completely went… I’d say “bananas”, but to say “Batman” would be more appropriate.
The show organized by AZ-factory and fashion community called “Love Brings Love”, reuniting 44 fashion designers together at one show. This kind of events never actually happen. Tribute to Alber Elbaz happened at the Carreau du Temple in Paris.
First Lady Brigitte Macron, François-Henri Pinault CEO of Kering, family, friends, colleagues including Jean Paul Gaultier, Olivier Rousteing, Rick Owens, Iris van Herpen, Pierpaolo Piccioili, Maria Grazia Chiuri and many others were present in the audience that night.
Among the international list of participating designers, several sit at the helm of historic houses, some lead their own eponymous labels, while others are today’s emerging talents. Each designer provided a look for the occasion, a bespoke creation inspired by Alber’s legacy or a special take on an iconic silhouette.
The show’s concept is inspired by Théatre de la Mode, a 1945 Parisian exhibition which brought together over 60 French couturiers as a beautiful expression of creativity, prestige, and solidarity in the wake of World War II.
List of the participated designers at Tribute to Alber Elbaz AZ-factory show:
- ALAÏA – Pieter Mulier
- ALEXANDER MCQUEEN – Sarah Burton
- BALENCIAGA – Demna Gvasalia
- BALMAIN – Olivier Rousteing
- BOTTEGA VENETA – Daniel Lee
- BURBERRY – Riccardo Tisci
- CASABLANCA – Charaf Tajer
- CHLOE – Gabriela Hearst
- CHRISTIAN DIOR – Maria Grazia Chiuri
- CHRISTOPHER JOHN ROGERS – Christopher John Rogers
- COMME DES GARÇONS – Rei Kawakubo
- DRIES VAN NOTEN – Dries Van Noten
- FENDI – Kim Jones
- GIAMBATTISTA VALLI – Giambattista Valli
- GIORGIO ARMANI – Giorgio Armani
- GIVENCHY – Matthew M. Williams
- GUCCI – Alessandro Michele
- GUO PEI – Guo Pei
- HERMES – Nadège Vanhée-Cybulski
- IRIS VAN HERPEN in collaboration with ADOBE – Iris Van Herpen
- JEAN PAUL GAULTIER – Jean Paul Gaultier
- LANVIN – Bruno Sialelli
- LOEWE – Jonathan Anderson
- LOUIS VUITTON – Nicolas Ghesquière
- OFF-WHITE – Virgil Abloh
- RAF SIMONS – Raf Simons
- RALPH LAUREN – Ralph Lauren
- RICK OWENS – Rick Owens
- ROSIE ASSOULIN – Rosie Assoulin
- SACAI – Chitose Abe
- SAINT LAURENT – Anthony Vaccarello
- SCHIAPARELLI – Daniel Roseberry
- SIMONE ROCHA – Simone Rocha
- STELLA MCCARTNEY – Stella McCartney
- THEBE MAGUGU – Thebe Magugu
- THOM BROWNE – Thom Browne
- TOMO KOIZUMI – Tomo Koizumi
- VALENTINO – Pierpaolo Piccioli
- VERSACE – Donatella Versace
- VETEMENTS – Guram Gvasalia
- VIKTOR & ROLF – Viktor Horsting & Rolf Snoeren
- VIVIENNE WESTWOOD – Vivienne Westwood & Andreas Kronthaler
- WALES BONNER – Grace Wales Bonner
- Y/PROJECT – Glenn Martens
See all looks Tribute to Alber Elbaz AZ-factory show
© Veeren / Christophe Clovis / Bestimage
© Olivier Borde / Bestimage
© AZ Factory